Friday, May 22, 2009

el ultimo dia in SJdS

So today is my last day in San Juan del Sur. Time flies! I really could see myself staying here for another couple of months (if not more). The people are nice and laid-back, the town is quiet (with some lively spots, of course), the scenery is awesome and everything is cheap. Its hard to complain about any of those things! In short, this place is awesome. So naturally I am sad to be leaving, but I know that I will not be able to stay away for too long...

Regarding my Espanol, I am feeling pretty good about what I have learned here. I mostly need to learn a lot more vocab and work on my pronunciation. When I return home, I plan to keep up the Espanol and hopefully return to Central America in the future for more practice. I am looking forward to practicing over the next couple of weeks while I travel north. Today, I already successfully purchased my bus ticket to San Pedro Sula, Honduras only using Espanol - I even understood what the gal was saying, I checked the ticket and I am headed to the correct place. Success!

Today is a massive day because it was my last day of class and we celebrated/are celebrating my bday and another gal's bday who is in my class, jointly. They even have a tasty cake and tigre pinata for us! (I am kicking myself for forgetting my camera to upload photos of today's festivities - but I will put them up asap).

Anyways, I am off to celebrate - I can sense a big night coming on... In addition to celebrating bdays and el ultimo dia de la escuela - I will also be celebrating the NUGGS (in hope that they are still playing upon my return to los estados unidos)!!!

Salud!

2 comments: