Friday, May 1, 2009

el primero semana

Feliz dia de trabajar! Today is labor day in Nicaragua... not sure what that means, everything still seems to be open and I still had class... I finished my first week of class successfully and passed my first exam with flying colors. The week has gone really well. I had a great profesora named Margarita (which will change next week, so I learn different styles). Most of the afternoon activities included going to different beaches - which was nice. We also had Latin dance class last night, which was fun... and interesting... Also, the food here has been great. I have been eating wonderful meals with the family I am staying with. Every main meal has been different, but most include gallo pinto - which is the national dish of beans and rice, it sounds boring but they spice it up so it tastes pretty good.

I am glad to be spending my time in San Juan del Sur now because I think people are just beginning to find it, in no time I think this place will be a tourist mecca. For example - there are more cruise ships stopping here now because they are not stopping in Mexico and/or Costa Rica because of the swine flu fiasco.

Also, glad to see the Nuggets win and move on in the playoffs! I actually even got to watch some of the game at a bar here. I think the win was even better considering I was drinking a cold beer and hearing the ocean lap up against the beach in the background!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for rubbing it in to all us mid-landers with that last little sentence there... Looking at plane tickets:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on Mark -Let's see some pictures, pictures, pictures.

    ReplyDelete