Thursday, May 7, 2009

el segundo semana


My time in San Juan del Sur continues to be great/interesting. Last weekend was very quiet and relaxing. I stayed here the whole time and took some nice walks to explore the town and also studied quite a bit. Sunday was especially interesting observing the Nica families on the beach enjoying the day. I have had a new profesora this week, she has made me talk and write a lot, which is what I really need. For our afternoon activities we have been visiting other local beaches and also had a cooking class. The beaches have been beautiful (see fotos) and cooking class was very tasty. We made salpicone, which is a dish with minced up tuna (or other fish) and veges all mixed together with some lime juice. It was pretty tasty, I actually had it at my house again for lunch today. We also made homemade tortillas and the infamous gallo pinto.

Ok, really all is great here, but I would be lying if I said it was is perfect. The other morning I woke up and there was a massive cockroach in my bathroom, after I took care of him (splat) I managed to break the shower nozzle (and there is only one - aka no hot water aqui). The town also was without power for a couple nights this week, due to some storms. No power = No fan = hot/sweaty/quiet nights here! One of those nights I planned to go to the bar to watch the Nuggets (win again) but of course no power = no TV in the bar too, so that would have been a lost cause. Que lastima! Despite minor set-backs I continue to enjoy this tropical paradise! Gotta go, we have clase de baile a noche (Latin dance class tonight), which was a hoot last week - these people really get into it! Salud!

2 comments: