Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lima... and sleepy

After countless hours on planes and sitting in airports (who would have guessed Dallas and Miami are on the way to Peru), I have finally made it to Lima. I was expecting a bustling, crazy, sunny city.... When I arrived I found a quiet, hazy, ghost town of a place. Apparently, people in Peru are not up at 6:30 am... I suspect my original expectations will be correct once the city wakes.

The good news is that I did have a good taxi driver, I practiced my Spanglish on him. I even grabbed a pocket English-Spanish dictionary at the airport in Miami so I could perfect my Spanglish. Its amazing what you remember from 2 years of high school Spanish, about 10 years ago (in addition to lots of trips to Mexico and a couple trips to Espana).

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there safely! Can't wait to read all about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to post pictures! Have a fun trip.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6:30? Get some sleep, Grandpa!
    Have a great time in Lima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep posting. We look forward to your adventures and the improvement of your Spanglish!

    ReplyDelete