Monday, January 19, 2009

el football en Peru

My last day in Cuzco was great! I wondered the streets, ate some good food, got an awesome Inca massage (I was still pretty sore from the Inca Terk and it only cost $8 for an hour) and scouted out an American bar to watch a bit of football. The NFL games were great and it was a lot of fun to be in a bar thousands of miles away with a bunch of crazy Americans doing my favorite Sunday activity. I even drug an Aussie trip-mate with me to watch the game (apparently NFL doesnt make much sense to anyone but Americans - haha, he enjoyed it though). We left Cuzco early this morning and drove south to Lake Titticacca (sp? - I am going to have to go back and edit all of these posts for spelling, the local words are killing me). We are now in the city of Puno, right on the lake - seems like a really nice place. Tomorrow we will be heading out on the lake for a homestay on one of the islands - should be interesting...

Lots of people here are talking about the inaguration tomorrow, enjoy the celebrations everyone! Cheers

3 comments:

  1. You helped this inauguration become a reality! Congrats! Celebrate the day! Absorb the culture. Know that we are one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Day here -- hope you get to watch some of it. Hung out with your 73 year old buddy Charlie Daniels. Your trip sounds stellar so far -- I should be there, live it up buddy!

    ReplyDelete