Wednesday, March 13, 2019

BA

Recoleta
Evita family mausoleum
empanadas y cerveza!
La Boca
street fair
Obelisco
Does this blog even still exist??? Apparently so... here we go... I finally made a return trip to South America! A couple things fell in line to make that possible... 60k airline miles, a desire to take some time off work and of course new places to explore. The new places did not disappoint! My first stop was Buenos Aires. I had been to a few places in Argentina before, but not BA, so I considered it a must as part of this trip. During my three days in BA I probably walked 30-40 miles. Big city, lotsa territory to cover and lots to see! Luckily I found a place to stay that was right in the middle of the city to make walking easy. I was just blocks from the Obelisco (mini Washington Monument) and Teatro Colon (famous theater). Some of the museums that I planned to visit while I was in BA were closed but there was still plenty to see. Some of the highlights were the Cementerio de la Recoleta (a cemetery where many famous Argentinians are buried), the La Boca neighborhood (touristy but colorful hood and home to Boca Juniors a soccer team), Plaza de Mayo (the central plaza in BA also home to Casa Rosada - Evita balcony), the San Telmo street fair (endless artisan crafts and junk to look at!), plus a bunch of other random places along the way. Of course while I was in Argentina I did also eat plenty of beef... it is everywhere! And I also sampled some national beer, local craft beer and a bit of vino. Dinner time in BA is very late, usually like around 11pm or midnight, give or take an hour. I couldn't help think that my dad would starve there! Overall the city was clean, huge, easy to navigate, lively, pedestrian-friendly and colorful.
tango anyone?


Pope Francis love all over






fake ottomans for sitting all over

Casa Rosada





No comments:

Post a Comment