Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Voy a Nica!

I'm not sure how many of you I have talked to recently, but after about a week at home and much thought I decided that this is the right time to become more proficient in Spanish - this is something that I have always wanted to do and my interest was re-spurred by my time in South America. I have now been home for more than a month and I have been studying vocab and preparing for further studies.

I am headed to Nicaragua on Sunday (after Relays weekend in Des Moines) for a month to participate in a Spanish immersion program. I will be living in the town of San Juan del Sur with a host family and will be working one-on-one with a tutor 5 days a week for 4 hours. All of my meals will be at my home-stay and we will also be participating in various activities during the rest of the day. I think this is really a way to put "the pedal to the metal" as far as learning a language goes - it should be pretty interesting!

I will be updating my FettyFun blog while I am down there - it should be quite a bit easier than in South America, since I will be taking my computer and the school has WiFi. Hopefully pictures will be easier to upload (fingers crossed).

The program will end on May 23 and after that I will venture out on my own for a couple weeks in Central America (should be good practice). So far I am planning on visiting Routan, Copan, Antigua, Tikal and Belize. I will be returning to Denver on June 7.

1 comment:

  1. Adios! Have fun and I'll keep up on your travels this time around! :)

    ReplyDelete